National Legal Services Authority
1. National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) shall appoint the Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) as its Nodal Agency, authorized to network with other State Legal Services Authorities across the country.
2. NALSA shall convey to the other State Legal Services Authorities that DLSA is its Nodal Agency and all communications regarding the Legal Aid Cell shall be routed through DLSA.
3. NALSA shall also ask the State Legal Services Authorities to update schemes framed by their State Governments with regard to rescue/ rehabilitation or any other beneficial scheme for children.
4. NALSA shall also convey that the standard set by the DLSA for drawing up a panel of lawyers, paralegal workers, etc., for the Legal Aid Cell is to be followed by other State Legal Services Authorities in their respective states for empanelment of lawyers, paralegal workers, etc.
5. National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) shall communicate to all relevant bodies across the country regarding opening of the Cell to provide Legal Aid & Advice as well as to coordinate with Central and State Government to render all possible assistance in the smooth functioning and realisation of the underlying objectives of the Cell.
6. NALSA shall direct all State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) to act upon or to give effect to legal aid & advice rendered, and to coordinate with the Legal Aid Cell and provide all necessary assistance and support in the implementation of legal advice rendered or legal aid required.
7. All State Legal Services Authorities shall communicate the opening of the Legal Aid Cell to all concerned Governmental and Non Governmental Organisations functioning in their State along with the relevant contact numbers and addresses of the Cell under intimation to NALSA, with complete details of the bodies intimated, within 15 days of the receipt of information of the opening of the Cell in Delhi.
8. All State Legal Services Authorities shall display the contact numbers and information of the Cell in all its offices at State, District and Taluka Legal Services Committees' levels.
9. NALSA, DLSA and all SLSAs shall display the functions, role and concept paper of the Cell on their respective websites with a link at the Home Page.
10. NALSA may direct appropriate Govt. agencies like the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to make suitable programs on child rights with specific reference to the objectives and functions of the Cell.
11. NALSA may coordinate with MTNL or any other telecom dept. for providing a toll free helpline number in Legal Aid Cell so as to make it accessible to everyone at no cost.
12. NALSA shall issue directions to all SLSAs to organise sensitization programs on child rights in coordination with the Legal Aid Cell.
13. NALSA may write to the various National Law Colleges, Universities and Schools of Social Work to nominate students for Internships, Research, etc., in the field of child rights under the supervision of the Cell.
Delhi Legal Services Authority
Delhi Legal Services Authority is authorized by NALSA to perform the following functions:
1. Delhi Legal Services Authority shall be a nodal agency of NALSA for networking with other State Legal Services Authorities.
2. All communications of NALSA regarding the permanent Legal Aid Cell shall be routed through the DLSA.
3. DLSA shall coordinate with the other State Legal Services Authorities and Government/ Non Government Agencies regarding the functioning of the Cell.
4. DLSA shall draw a panel of lawyers, social scientists, academicians and jurists having expertise on the laws and issues relating to child rights and can use them as resource persons, consultants, counsellors, etc.
5. After selection and empanelment of lawyers, training and orientation programs will be conducted by DLSA.
6. DLSA will also provide counseling to the children or witness/ victim support.
7. DLSA shall coordinate with all State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) to act upon or to give effect to legal aid & advice rendered, and to coordinate with the Legal Aid Cell and provide all necessary assistance and support in the implementation of legal advice rendered or legal aid required.
8. DLSA will coordinate with the Govt. agencies like the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to make suitable programs on child rights with specific reference to the objectives and functions of the Cell.
9. DLSA shall also organize and run sensitization programs as well as trainings on child rights for all Govt. as well as Non Govt. agencies including Non Govt. and civil society organisations, Bar Associations, etc., in coordination with the Legal Aid Cell so that the legal concepts are further clarified.
10. DLSA in coordination with BBA shall spread awareness on Child Rights.
11. DLSA may coordinate all the efforts of research and training, etc., in the field of child rights undertaken under the supervision of the Cell.
Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA)
1. BBA shall provide the necessary space, required for the smooth functioning of the Legal Aid Cell.
2. BBA shall bear the expenses of electricity, internet/ telephone calls, website, furniture, electrical appliances including air conditioning, etc., to make the Cell functional.
3. BBA shall maintain and upkeep a separate website for the Legal Aid Cell consisting of information of all SLSAs, District Courts and above, S.P.s , D.M.s, Labour Dept., amongst others.
4. BBA shall be responsible for all records, confidentiality, database management, discipline and overall administration, coordination and smooth management of the Legal Aid Cell.